Reactions condemning the deaths of more than 200 people and the wounding of another 450 after eight bombing attacks in at least three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka as Christians observed the culmination of Holy Week came swiftly Sunday.
Here are 10 reactions from politicians, singers and spiritual leaders.
- President Donald Trump offered condolences and help.
2. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is heartbroken.
3. Former President Barack Obama called the bombings an “attack on humanity.”
4. Democrat 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren was left “heartsick.”
5. As did another Democrat 2020 presidential candidate Kamala Harris.
6. UN Secretary General António Guterres is outraged.
7. Apple CEO Tim Cook grieved.
8. Grammy winning singer Kaya Jones spoke out.
9. Piers Morgan condemned the bombings as “horrendous.”
10. Pastor Tony Evans urged prayers.